The Best Bank - Update

It's been a while since I've been able to update The Best Bank. I've been very busy and haven't had time to update the site. To tell the truth, although I want to write more about choosing the best bank, I'm wondering if I have the time to continue this site.

The original purpose of this site was to help people answer the question "which is the best bank for me". It's a question that everyone asks at one time or other – most of us ask it several times throughout life – as our situation changes, we consider changing banks.

The Best Bank was never supposed to give you the answer – I'm not going to name the one and only bank that is the best choice for everyone. That's just not possible. Such a bank doesn't exist! What's right for one person, isn't necessarily right for the next person, because so much depends on an individual person's situation. Choosing the best bank for you is a very personal choice.

Instead, this site was supposed to help you make your own choice about which bank is best for you. The original purpose of this site was to discuss the attributes of a good bank and the issues you need to consider when choosing the best bank for the your circumstances. It was going to paint a broad picture to help you make a more informed choice.

I had a structure planned – as I said in one of the early posts, I planned to look at the following issues:

  • Account Type
  • Services Offered
  • Loans and Mortgages
  • Fees
  • Convenience / Location
  • Customer Service options
  • ATMs
  • Internet Banking
  • Account Aggregation
  • Types of financial institutions
  • Security / Stability.

I managed to look at a couple of these (account type and location for example), but haven't been able to work through the rest. Now I'm wondering if I'll be able to complete this, because it takes lot of effort to do it properly.

Anyway, for now, I'll keep the site open and post when I can, but maybe the style will change. My original intention of making the site a series of ‘reference' posts, may have to give way to a more informal style of posting, where I just cover whatever issue comes to mind – although of course it will be related to choosing the best bank.

No comments:

"best bank" - Twitter Search